Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Resurfacing

Welcome to my inaugural post on my very own blog! This is a place for sharing my creative experiments as well as any ongoing projects.

Neverwhere
One of my latest little endeavors is using my book club to unharness some book illustrating exercises. I started back in March 2008 with a science fiction book entitled "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman. This was a book that was so outside my realm of reading choices, but I actually really enjoyed it! The story is basically about a girl named Door who lives in the "underground streets" of London who meets Richard from "above" Very creepy, but yummy visual stuff!!

History of Love
Oh, this was just a lovely story by Nicole Krauss. One of my favorites so far in book club with a very complex storytelling style. It's a story of Alma, both a young girl in New York and a woman who lived in Poland during the German occupation, with a parallel story of an old man named Leo Gursky who writes a book about his lost love. Just fabulously rich and full of vibrant imagination.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...