Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Mysterious Secret of the Valuable Treasure























The Golden Pineapples
This month's book pick by Jack Pendarvis, was a collection of short stories. This was some modern writing that took a bit of getting used to, but after book club, decided that it was worth giving it a chance and have a greater appreciation for the writing. I still don't know what the title means, but i liked this short story, coincidentally, because I see about a thousand squirrels a day in my neighborhood this time of year. It was almost silly to NOT do a piece on squirrels! Squirrels that watch you, that is.

"I think these squirrels are exhibiting some pretty strange behavior. I just want to know if they sit in that hollow and on that knot when I'm not around. Because it's pretty clear they're interested in me. I'm not saying that in a paranoid way. I'm sure it's just a phenomenon of nature gone awry, you know, like when baby ducks start following around a cat or something."

Incidentally, when I'm in the bathroom overlooking our backyard, there is always a squirrel perched on our deck looking in at me. A little disconcerting to say the least. Little m&%^)* voyeurs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...