Friday, April 17, 2009

Getting ready for Imaginary Worlds show

Lots of busy-ness going on these days between a big brochure project I've been working on for the Task Force for Global Health and getting ready for my solo show on May 7 (yes, you heard it first!). Actually, the anniversary book is almost to the printer and then I can really focus on cranking out some pieces for my show. art show,dancer,opening,brochure,imaginary worlds






















The theme is "Imaginary Worlds" where I speak from the memories of a child. Capturing imagery illustrating a fleeting memory or glimpse of the past and where characters are caught in an expression of carefree whimsy and the viewer is given an opportunity to experience an intimate, nostalgic moment. This collection has been so much fun to work on and the ideas emanating are endless! I want to create just the right imagery, simple and powerful. It's been an incredible journey to wake up every morning wondering what ideas will emerge today and whether they will make the cut in the end. Stay tuned, I'm reluctant to post much of my new work because I want it to be sort of "unveiled" at the show. But I'm not that mean, here's a sneak peak, which is also available on my Etsy shop as a print.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...