Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Black bird's party

This black bird piece is 3x4 feet on canvas and was hanging in my bedroom for a few years before I took it down and reworked it. It was a monotone piece that I got sort of sick at looking at and felt like some color and fun was needed. Circuses and parties have been on the brain, so this little bird needed a party hat! I've only reworked existing paintings 2 times before, and both were large on canvas. I think it's because I have an "out with the old in with the new" kind of thought process.black bird party painting art canvas






















I remember when I was in college, my 3-d instructor had a show in the school gallery. He decided to burn all his previous work and create all new pieces for that show. At the time, I thought that was insane, cuckoo clock stuff, but now I can sort of relate. I went through a bunch of old paintings and threw out a bunch of stuff that was totally embarrassing-so bad! I know, I know, you might say that it's a document of progress. But right now, I feel like I only want to look at work I'm proud of and not be reminded of my mistakes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...