Sunday, July 19, 2009

The most unique mushrooms

I was walking home from the pool with my daughters and we decided to take the scenic route. Along the way, I spotted these really cool mushrooms growing off of an enormous oak tree root near the sidewalk. There was this amazing moss surrounding it and the purples, blues and rust colors against the bright green were just stunning.















I had to pluck them from their little home and take them with me! I photographed them at sunset in my front yard, fortunately had some moss to shoot against to get a similar effect. Hopefully, I can keep these little gems for awhile. I wonder if they can be preserved? A little research to do here. These photos are definitely going in my reference files for some future paintings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...