Thursday, June 03, 2010

Eva Magill-Art in the Afternoon feature


Yes, I am doubling up so I can get as many artists featured before Saturday as I can! I got a little behind over the holiday weekend along with several deadlines this week, blah, blah, blah.

ANYHOW, on to the good stuff. Eva Magill's work has this wonderful, ethereal quality in her work that I was drawn to right away, it may also have been that she had just returned from living in France which made me dream about how she may have come up with these collage compositions using wonderful lines and subtle color. The works she will be showing at the Pyles residence, 107 Dartmouth Ave., Avondale Estates, GA 30002 for Art in the Afternoon on Saturday, June 5 3-7 pm, are small original works that would be lovely paired in groups. I'm truly enchanted by her work and I hope you come by to have a glass of wine and enjoy the show!

Magill’s current work is a literal and metaphysical documentation of her past two years living in France. Through the use of photographs, sketches and mental imagery she recaptures the essence and charm of her vision of France. In conjuction with her factual recordings, she has created more conceptual works—drawings and collages based on emotions, her mental struggles, and triumphs involved with learning a new language and assimulating to a new culture.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...