Sunday, September 20, 2009

Off to Cumberland Island this week

cumberland island,art,painting,beach,horse,print











On Thursday, JT and I leave for Cumberland Island, GA to stay with friends at High Point. This is probably the most anticipated trip of the year, no kids!! My parents are flying down from MI on Tuesday and staying until next week with the kids. The idea of going to this island and spending time with friends in a big, old family lodge, going to the beach where NO ONE else is, driving 4-wheelers and my favorite, spotting wild horses. Especially on the beach. And we have low-country boil, go clamming, take long walks in the woods, just stare out onto the marsh, the greens and variations of greens are absolutely amazing at different times of the day. The wild turkeys, sitting on the lazy, southern porch staring at the water oaks with loads of spanish moss hanging, swinging in the breeze. Absolutely magnificent.

A couple years ago, I captured this beautiful white pony on the beach and I did a pastel painting, the original is actually pretty large, like 15 x 30. It's in my Etsy shop available as a print.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...