Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Katty Negrete-Art in the Afternoon feature





















I'm getting behind with my features, so I may have to double up everyday before this Saturday so you get a chance to see everyone's work!

Now, getting down to business, I'm so very pleased to have Katty Negrete exhibit at our May 1 Art in the Afternoon event! She is so very talented as well as one of the nicest people you will ever meet! Her jewelry is absolutely exquisite, especially her rings. I have my eye on a few and have tried my very best to resist, but I may have to give in on Saturday. It is for a good cause, you know, 15% of the artist's sales go to the Avondale Arts Alliance. Hope you can stop by the Newman's carriage house to see her work this Saturday!

Katty Negrete, Metal and clay jewelry, www.kattydesign.com
A native of Vina del mar, Chile, Negrete always has been a lover of art and fine craft with two creative passions, metal and drawing with precious metal clay. She’s been able to join the two with a dynamic success. In 2000, Negrete came to the United States continuing her work with different materials like alpaca, waxed thread, copper, bronze and enamel and started working with precious metal clay where she found the magic to express her emotions, inspiration, imagination in a piece of art.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...